Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 2, 2011

Is Life Serious?

Sometimes it seems very serious. Like when you stub your toe really hard.
And people can get very serious about territory, keeping others off their lawn
But is it really that serious?

How about thinking of life as play

Playful life, not serious, playing happy furry games with the goal being fun for all
not victory for one side

play like little children play
or like I play with my dog.

He enjoys a simple game. We call it basketball but it really is like a combination of keep away and chase the ball
he acts like he wants to control the ball
I get it away from him and throw it hard he runs after it and sometimes barks and growls at it.
Sometimes he gets control and rolls it around and I try to get control of it.
When I get it I throw it again and he runs for it.

it is nothing but fun
he enjoys it a lot
he comes around begging me to go out and play with him

so can't all of life be like that game
just fun
no winner
no loser

just a lot of fun running and throwing and bouncing
and the fun is getting control over the ball
that is the object
but it goes back and forth
nobody tries to keep control forever
the point is to pass it eventually to give a little so the game can continue

No comments: