Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

An Appeal To Reason

just a thought
I am surely wrong
so often wrong about everything
my point
place
vantage
nowhere

but here it is

I keep hearing about demonstrations
and governments
and violence

and I keep hearing calls for governments to stop hurting people
and for leaders to step down
calls for democracy

what I do not hear
are calls for the demonstrations to cease
I think that if the demonstrations stopped the violence would also stop
common sense

Can't we continue to work for change and justice and freedom
without provoking and creating an enemy?

What would a reasonable man do?
Would a reasonable man demonstrate until it provokes a violent response?
patient
patience

work patiently toward simple goals

or hurry toward chaos and grief

No comments: