Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 6, 2008

What We Really Need

I often remind myself that I have more than I need. Maybe I am just lucky, but I believe most people have more than they need. Therefore most of the complaining comes from that other place called greed.
We are a nation of the overweight.
This comes from having more than we need.
More food than we need.
Here is an idea for the California budget.
Suppose a need for $100 billion but revenue of only $90 billion.
Let it be known that everyone who does business with the State of California can expect a 10% pay cut.
MAGIC! BALANCED BUDGET
Anyone who doesn't want to play that way can go elsewhere.
(This would not apply to bond interest and such)
I could certainly live with a 10% pay cut. No problem.
Then they would have less need to lay workers off etc.

No comments: